Top 5 Countries You Should Visit When Travelling To Europe This December
Although December is not the ideal month to visit Europe. However, during this time, you will be able to participate in a variety of exciting activities and will not have to wait long to visit popular attractions. Above all, traveling to Europe in December, you will save a lot of costs such as plane tickets, accommodation, etc. Let's explore 5 countries you should visit when traveling to Europe in December.
-> Read more: 25 The Best Places to Visit In Europe
December in Spain, as in much of the West, is dominated by Christmas and New Year celebrations. A lot of Spaniards go home to visit their families in the village, leaving some cities a little quieter than usual.
With the second-largest country in Europe, along with diverse terrain, Spain's climate has many different types.
Spain bordered to the north by France, to the west by Portugal, to the east by the Mediterranean Sea, and the south by the Strait of Gibraltar connecting North Africa.
Spain is not only the home of vibrant, vibrant flamenco dance but also the land of many ancient sites with the longest history in mankind. So for those who love to learn and explore the history, this country is the most perfect and ideal choice.
List of destinations not to be missed when coming to Spain:
• Cordoba: located in the south of Spain, Cordoba is one of the most famous cities in this country. This is a developed city but still retains the ancient beauty with old buildings, winding small streets whitewashed, houses, roads, cafes,... This contributes to the charm of Cordoba.
• Madrid is the capital of Spain, which attracts outstanding tourist attractions such as Great Avenues, palaces, museums, bustling squares, .. has both classic and glamor, making visitors come here to be amazed by the beauty in Madrid. The weather in Madrid is quite pleasant throughout the year, so it is almost always crowded with tourists.
• Valencia is located in the eastern part of the country, known as one of the cities of art, science, and architectural masterpieces. In addition to visiting and discovering unique things in Valencia, visitors will be able to participate in colorful festivals such as Fallas festival or tomato throwing festival,...
• Toledo is also known as the city of 3 cultures because Toledo has been inhabited by Jews, Christians, and Muslims for centuries. Perhaps it is this special feature that the city is known as a destination rich in history, art, and architecture of the Roman empire. Toledo is located on a mountain top in central Spain and served as the capital of Spain until the 16th century.
• Granada is located at the foothills of the Sierra Nevada, Southern Spain. If you can only visit one city in Spain, you should choose Granada, which has a blend of traditional culture and attracts beautiful natural landscapes. Coming to Granada, visitors will admire the great architecture of Europe, the Alhambra fortress is one of the most attractive tourist attractions in the world.
Covering an area of more than 300,000 square kilometers and diverse geography, Italy's tourist destination seems to gather all the beauty of nature from rolling hills, peaceful plains, spacious beaches with silver waves and blue water pulling until the end of the sky, to the ancient architectures created by humans, there are still historical beauties marked on each doorway and wall.
Each region in Italy has its own distinct character and has typical representatives such as:
• Rome - Capital of Italy: The iconic Rome of Italy is considered as one of the attractive tourist destinations and cannot be missed when traveling in Italy, some famous spots in Rome: Colosseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Roman Forum.
• Venice: If you have a chance to visit Venice, you have to come to St.Mark's Basilica to admire the unique dome Byzantine architecture and beautiful mosaics, as well as many other priceless artifacts at St.Basilica. Some of the cathedral's towers, in particular, are inlaid with gold, which is why this destination, also known as the Golden Church, should not be missed when visiting Venice, Italy.
The Grand Canal in Venice is the best choice for you. The Grand Canal is Venice's famous S-shaped traffic route. When you come to the most iconic sights of Venice, you will definitely experience the most romantic pleasures of Italy.
• City of Florence: Florence Cathedral - The most beautiful and outstanding architecture to visit when traveling to Florence, Italy. In addition to Florence Cathedral, when traveling to Florence, Italy, do not forget to admire the immense vineyards and visit the famous Italian wineries. Floren is also famous for the Davis monument.
Leaning Tower of Pisa - Symbol of Italy: A famous and unique tourist attraction not to be missed when traveling to Italy. Because it was built on a subsidence ground, over time the new tower has a characteristic inclined shape as it is today and becomes one of the most unique attractions in Italy. After numerous rescue efforts following the threat of collapse, the leaning tower of Pisa now has a stable tilt of 3.9 degrees.
• Milan - Fashion capital: Milan's illustrious reputation as the fashion capital of the world is truly remarkable. It has annual fashion weeks, thousands of specialized apparel company headquarters, from Dolce & Gabbana to Versace. But Milan is not only a city of high fashion but also scores points thanks to its sophisticated, individual street fashion style.
Located in the heart of the city is the Duomo Cathedral, a magnificent cathedral in Gothic style. The church started to be built in 1296 and took hundreds of years to complete.
Traveling to France in December, you will have the opportunity to see the romantic beauty of the city and get lost in the world of white snow. The Christmas markets are brightly lit. Charming Christmas villages, the legendary Eiffel Tower, and impressive outdoor skating rinks are places you should visit and experience when traveling to France in December.
Therefore, if you are planning your next trip to Europe, don't wait any longer. Travel to France in December to witness the unique culture and immerse yourself in the country's enchanting colors.
The weather in France depends on the area you visit. In general, in December, most areas in this country are very cold and snowy. The average temperature ranges from 2 degrees Celsius to 10 degrees Celsius. This is the perfect time to participate in indoor activities. Especially in this season, you can avoid the crowds of tourists and don't have to wait in long lines to buy tickets to famous landmarks.
List of destinations not to be missed when coming to France:
• The City of Lights Paris: Considered the most beautiful city in France, Paris owns the Eiffel Tower and many impressive and massive architectural works. Coming to Paris in December, visitors will be immersed in colorful love songs of light and romantic beauty of many buildings when covered in the pure white of snowflakes.
This place is most beautiful in the evening, walking while holding hands tightly walking on the street is really great.
• City of Lyon: Coming to Lyon in December, visitors have the opportunity to witness and immerse themselves in extremely special light festivals. As an attractive city for tourists, Lyon has many attractions that are cultural works, ancient architectural works, and especially the UNESCO-recognized heritage quarter.
Lyon is also a favorite place for foodies, where it owns many famous restaurants with unique and European-style dishes. The vineyards are famous and produce a wide variety of unique wines.
• City of Strasbourg: Traveling to France in December but missing the city of Strasbourg, you will indeed regret it. This place every December is transformed with picturesque colorful lanes, ancient cities, and many interesting destinations. In particular, in December, this place will decorate and organize a very unique Christmas festival, visitors will feel extremely warm with many interesting experiences.
• Loire Valley: A special and most impressive point when coming to the Loire valley is the castles. It owns more than 42 castles with ancient designs from the Middle Ages. There are many castles with the appearance and ancient architecture of the Renaissance period. The most famous ones are: Amboise, Blois, Château de Chaumont-sur-Loire, Château Chenonceaux,,…
Coming to the Loire valley in December, visitors will admire the beauty of castles in the white snow and get lost in ancient fairy tales with many interesting and impressive stories.
• Notre Dame Cathedral: A famous church in Paris has attracted many visitors. This is an extremely magnificent Gothic architecture and perfect beauty, becoming a famous destination of France.
If you go on a tour of France, definitely do not leave Paris without admiring the beauty of Notre Dame. The ancient architecture with many different lights makes this place extremely peaceful and gentle. In particular, in the cold of December, you and everyone visiting Notre Dame will have a very cozy feeling.
If you are a European travel lover, then England is definitely a place that you cannot ignore. The land of fog contains a very rich and diverse cultural and artistic heritage. Every major city in the UK has its own magnificent Opera houses, museums, art galleries that are known the world over. Traveling to the UK, you will not be able to ignore the following famous places.
List of destinations not to be missed when coming to England:
• The capital city of London: Located in the Southeast of England, right on the banks of the peaceful Thames, London is as lavish and magnificent as a citadel, a castle in the pages of fairy tales. London is like a miniature world, with many works, historical sites, museums, art galleries, green parks, shopping areas, amusement parks, and a whole city bustling underground.
If you travel to the UK at the end of the year (especially December), you will enjoy the cold weather with snow and fog, which makes London likened to the "foggy city" inherent in the UK. But no matter what season you visit London, tourists from all over the world will surely be fluttered with this city and do not want to leave.
• City of Cambridge: Cambridge is known as the second-largest city and is also the administrative center of Cambridgeshire Cam. The charming city lies on the River Cam north of London. The famous place is the center of culture and entertainment in the east of England with a rich culture, attracting tourists every year.
Visiting the city of Cambridge, visitors will be attracted by ancient buildings with lovely arches, alternating with small but clean alleys. You will love this place because of the hospitality and friendliness of the local people. The most special feature of the city of Cambridge is that it is surrounded by the River Cam, so you can go on boats and explore the ancient institutes and universities along the banks of the romantic Cam River.
• York City is one of the most ancient cities in England, one of the most famous cities in the history of the formation and development of England.
Nestled on the confluence of the two poetic Ouse and Foss rivers in northern Yorkshire, England, York seems to be a city coming out of a magical old story with mysterious castles and citadel. The city is home to a huge collection of rich historical and artistic heritage. Stone church with many outstanding works of art, is one of the largest churches of its kind in Northern Europe.
• City of Manchester: Located in the North of the UK, Manchester is the busiest and most vibrant city in the UK with a system of luxurious restaurants and bars. Manchester is also the second-largest city in the UK, just behind London, with a strong economy with rows of high-rise buildings and commercial centers, amusement parks, and a system of museums. Explore Manchester, you can visit a roadside pub, drink with friends and enjoy the romantic view of the city.
In particular, this is a place that stands out with the passion of the king sport, with the dramatic and exciting football matches that the top teams in the world bring. Two strong teams are Manchester United and Manchester City. It would be remiss if the dream destinations in England lacked the name Manchester - the magnificent city that perhaps any football fan would like to have the opportunity to admire once.
• Port city Liverpool: Liverpool is a city and a municipality located on the east bank of the mouth of the River Mersey, in North West England. This is an old port city and a busy cultural and tourist center, with commercial buildings, administrative buildings, historical quarters and cultural monuments, and a system of canals, the largest port in Great Britain. The city of Liverpool attracts tourists from all over the world and is considered a tourist destination with reasonable costs. Coming here, whether you have a passion for sports, music, or history will satisfy you.
Considered the UK's most beautiful port city, Liverpool's historic center was honored by UNESCO as a world heritage site in 2004 and awarded the title of European Capital of Culture in 2008. As a gateway city, it has a diverse population, culture, and religion, particularly from Ireland and Wales. The city also has Britain's oldest black community.
Greece is known as a country with a crystallized beauty from a mythical, mysterious and brilliant culture. Many people have made it a goal to travel to Greece at least once in their life.
Surely you have heard once mentioned the mysterious Greek myth with powerful gods. Then once set foot in this land to see firsthand the ancient architectures associated with these stories!
Besides, Greece is also famous for its unique natural scenery. Not only Santorini makes many visitors flutter, but there are also many historical architectural works, marking development milestones in human civilization.
List of destinations not to be missed when coming to Greece:
• The capital city of Athens: As the largest ancient city in Greece, Athens dates back about 3000 years. This is also considered the cradle of Western civilization because of its long history of development and the birthplace of democracy. It can be said that Athens is a unique combination of Greco-Roman classical and modern.
Traveling in the capital Athens, visitors will admire the ancient, massive and magnificent beauty of famous ancient architectures. In addition, visitors also have the opportunity to learn about archaeological and historical sites such as the Erechtheion temple, the Parthenon temple, the Athena Nike temple. Especially the ancient Agora temple system, the Acropolis, the temple of Zeus, the theater of Dionysus, the Propylaea gate, etc.
• City of Thessaloniki: Thessaloniki is known as the cultural capital of Northern Greece. It is also the country's second-largest city after Athens. Thessaloniki has vibrant commercial areas, skyscrapers, special festivals, bustling shopping activities, and extremely bustling nightlife. Visitors here can visit, shop, and immerse themselves in the cultural and artistic space of this colorful city.
• Parthenon Temple: Located atop the ancient Acropolis, Greece, the Parthenon is one of the most unique architectural works of this country. The temple was built in 477 BC and completed in 432 BC. Around the temple is surrounded by corridors, from here you can see the whole city from above.
• The island of Santorini: Santorini, also known as Thira, is an island located in the Cyclades archipelago. With poetic beauty with blue sea and golden sand, Santorini is considered the most beautiful island in the world.
Santorini is a remnant of an erupting crater, so the island's topography is very unique; the cliffs embracing the soft coast have created the poetic and mysterious beauty of this island. Coming here, visitors will be immersed in the cool, clear blue water, see the way the red and black rocks stand on the shore, the volcanic lava sands with black, red, and white colors stand out in the middle of the vastness. water waves.
Hopefully, after consulting the 5 places above, you have decided which beautiful country in Europe to visit this December. Let's start planning for a memorable trip this winter.