How Do You Spend Money to Travel Around The World?
How could you spend money to travel around the world? Consider all factors in your budget and plan the tour carefully. No worries!
There is no doubt that traveling makes us relaxed and find the meaning of life. In other words, traveling is a marvelous method to improve our mental health. On the other hand, traveling may give a drawback if we do not have enough time and money. To solve the time, make your timetable and consider the season. With the budget, how do you spend money to travel around the world?
Take into account the country
To travel around the world, you need to estimate your budget for a destination. Action speaks louder than words; you have to figure out how far your budget “moves” in each nation. Here are a couple of countries that you can view.
Argentina is a famous destination for landscapes, culture, and even inexpensive living expenses. From the Patagonia Mount to the vibrant Buenos Aires, everything cost friendly-budget tourist prices. The average daily cost of Argentina is about 50-60USD only.
- Exchange currency: it is always better to exchange your money before landing off. If you want to visit Buenos Aires, for example, find a branch of the Banco de la Nación. In this place, you could exchange the currency at a suitable rate.
- Credit cards payment: in general, visitors possibly use credit cards in Argentina. Nonetheless, small companies do not accept this payment method. At that time, you can pay in cash to receive a better price. ATMs are widely popular in all tourist areas and some cities.
- Tipping etiquette: service charge is available in most local restaurants. Tipping is an optional choice only in other malls and stores in Argentina.
Unlike Argentina, Australia has an expensive cost of living and traveling. Nevertheless, the country provides tons of interesting things to have fun. Nice-looking beaches, incredible adventures, amazing creatures, and friendly people – it is worth taking a vacation.
- Exchange currency: it is a good idea to exchange the currency at a bank or in a reservation hotel. International airports are also great to do. Using cash in Australia is accepted, but you need to find ATMs to get cash. It is also fine to receive AUD by withdrawing your currency from an ATM.
- Credit cards payment: credit cards are accepted in this country. MasterCard and Visa are more common in Australia, but American Express isn’t widely used.
- Tipping etiquette: Tipping is not compulsory in Australia. Some restaurants have a 10% service charge. This is also the tipping fee.
The Bahamas is one of the most stunning tropical paradises in the world. The daily cost is about 130USD. Well, the Bahamas is a tremendous getaway for all travelers because of its ravishing beaches and low-budget vacation price.
- Exchange currency: to use Bahamian dollars, withdrawing from an ATM is an excellent option to exchange the currency.
- Credit cards payment: most of the stores accept credit cards, except the Straw Market. Some small stores take cash only. Additionally, some businesses accept credit cards with computer chips only.
- Tipping etiquette: restaurants usually charge 15% on the bill. Tipping is common etiquette in the Bahamas.
Belgium has many historic cities such as Ghent and Bruges. Therefore, the country is also a favorite destination for all visitors. The average cost in Belgium is approximately 125USD.
- Exchange currency: The euro is the primary currency in this country. Changing dollars to euros is a piece of cake in Belgium. Most rail stations and banks always inherit exchange offices. Another option is exchanging your currency at an airport, but uninspired exchange rates often happen.
- Credit cards payment: both ATMs and credit cards are regularly used in Belgium.
- Tipping etiquette: some firms, restaurants, and taxis charge the service fee in each bill, so this is also the tip.
Immaculate rainforests, distant villages, diverse terrains – Brazil especially attracts travelers. When it comes to the exchange rate, you do not have to worry about this stuff. The average daily cost in Brazil is also less expensive than other countries in the continent (around 80USD).
- Exchange currency: although ATMs are widespread in Brazil, you should exchange your currency before visiting. This is because you will have a good rate. If you do not have enough time to do that, find a local supermarket or a travel agent. For those who use credit cards, you also get a suitable rate.
- Credit cards payment: MasterCard, Visa, and American Express are the most popularly accepted in Brazil.
- Tipping etiquette: tipping is not common. Sometimes, travelers can do it for excellent services in a bar, hotel, restaurant, boutique, and so on.
Chile is a marvelous tourist destination for daredevils as the nation offers several games such as snowy mountains, desert dunes, etc. There are a bunch of adventures awaiting you there. The average daily price for tourists in Chile is 120USD. Some activities have an expensive price, but they are worth paying.
- Exchange currency: Chile offers tons of exchange houses such as rail stations, shopping centers, banks, subway stations, and even gas stations. Most big cities always have these houses with the best rates.
- Credit cards payment: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express are accepted in all of the areas. However, some businesses might charge an extra fee (from 2 to 4%) for using a credit card.
- Tipping etiquette: tipping is popular in Chile. Remember to use Chilean pesos. Generally, restaurants charge 10% of the service fee on each bill.
Costa Rica accepts American dollars along with the local currency (Costa Rica colon). The average daily cost is about 80USD. With many things to participate in, a country is a tremendous option for those who want to save the budget.
- Exchange currency: exchanging currency in Costa Rica is quite tough because lines at exchange houses are long. Traveler’s checks are not common in use. Thus, it would be better to do it before you go. In case you need to exchange your currency, find ATMs.
- Credit cards payment: bring your MasterCard, Visa, or American Express since these are major credit cards in this country.
- Tipping etiquette: you do not have to tip because your bill often has a small service charge fee. Furthermore, it is prevailing to tip for additional services, like room service and housekeeping in the hotel.
Jamaica concedes US dollars and local currency. So, you ought to use both of them. It is more convenient to choose Jamaica dollars on your vacation. The daily price ranges between 120 to 130USD. So, it is not bad to take the whole holiday to this nation.
- Exchange currency: Cambios (exchange currency houses), commercial banks, and hotels are the safest places to change with the best rates. Avoid ATMs because they are at risk.
- Credit cards payment: large hotels and restaurants accept credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, and American Express). A few boutiques also give this payment method. It depends on each establishment, so you should ask the clerk in advance. At the same time, use cash.
- Tipping etiquette: in general, tipping is not allowed. Most hotels and restaurants have a service charge fee (10-15%) on each bill.
What factors influence your travel budget
Tons of criteria sway your budget and even your plan during the vacation. You might get stressed. To avoid that feeling, it is better to be aware of some. Then, find solutions at once. Take it easy!
Think of the continent initially. Of course, the developed countries always have a high cost. In Australia and Europe, for instance, the average cost could be 130USD per day (for one person). If your family and you are determined to travel together, the cost will increase up to 400USD.
South American, Africa, and Asia provide a hefty price. Nepal, India, and Cambodia, you just spend 60-70USD per day per person to stroll around, visit attractions, and book accommodation.
Number of people
Are you looking for families or friends to travel around the globe? Well, you should select traveling overland to save your money. The number of people on your journey affects the budget.
Solo traveling, for example, has its benefits and drawbacks. You might feel comfortable visiting any destination that you love. However, for keeping a budget, it is not possible to share your financial burden with anyone else. Family or friend traveling can cut down your financial stuff.
The accommodation makes up the majority of your travel budget (for sure). Saving your money means that you choose the accommodation wisely. Two or three hotels are the most prevailing. Hostels and apartment rentals are also common in towns or small cities. Even cosmopolitan cities contain these modes of accommodation, so take time to look up.
Apartments and hostels often provide kitchen access. Nevertheless, you have to share bedrooms and bathrooms. The greatest point to select one of them is that you possibly save a lot (from the bedroom to daily diets).
Modes of transportation
Modes of transportation probably impact your travel budget a lot. Popular systems are traveling on foot, bicycles, motorcycles, buses, private cars or vans, campervans, mobile-home, RVs, etc.
When you decide on a mode, do not forget the rental cost or buying a ticket. You will pay more if you rent for a while with fuel consumption, toll fees, maintenance, and insurance.
Eating and drinking
Food and beverage are another potential part of your trip budget. To decrease the food and beverage costs, you should prepare food and water during the excursion. Do not go to a fancy restaurant, a bar, or a coffee shop. Dining out in a local market or a supermarket is also a good idea. With a beverage, a glass of wine can make a big hole in your wallet.
Daily or regular activities
There are many fun parts that you want to do. Of course, entertainment is the main thing on a trip. You have to pay a lot such as cable tickets, entrance fees in a park, and so on. How could you estimate all fees? Seek up the information in advance. Ask someone who has already visited there. Increase your wallet width. Choose an off-season.
Do not be surprised that a travel agent requires an insurance fee or your flight includes insurance. Relying on the continent or countries, your insurance plan should be flexible. Consult an expert to see how much money you pay. In case you do not have an expert, find out your friends or family members who often travel around the world.
One of the most essential parts of making a journey is to know your budget and stick to it. Nonetheless, this is a daunting task to do. This is because you are not capable of identifying how you spend money to travel around the world. You are scared. You postpone the trip. You ignore this part. Is that right? Chance is; you will not get stuck if you follow this guide.